Friday, September 25, 2009

First snow!

Yesssssssssssss! We had our first snow! (the first flurries were on the 22nd - just one day after average.) Not going to lie, I was a little torn about whether or not to want snow yet. On one side I was thinking about all the non-snow activities I might still be able to squeeze in once my knee recovers enough to play again, but on the other end, deep down inside, I was ok with the snow. I think that is a good sign to still get great joy out of the sight of the beautiful fluffy stuff whether in small flurries or in a horrendous snowstorm. Because hey, wherever you are living, you chose to live there. Why not rejoice in what you're given? I have never been around so many snow lovers and it makes it all the better.

Some flowers sport a couple of inches of snow in Delta.
Feels like summer never happened!
My friend Jenny gave me this plant on Easter of this past year and it finally produced a flower and opened on the first day of snow!
The only visitor we had was one of the flying kind...

No comments: