Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Latest

Well this weekend I plan on doing an 84-ish mile bike trip (42 in one day, 42 out the next). This should be interesting as I haven't been riding as much as the summers and road will be all snow. I wonder how long it takes one to bike that long on snow? Every time I've ridden in the snow, I've gaged my rides by hours rather than miles, since it is much much slower on snow. 3 or 4 hours? Sure, no problem. I bet though that this will be more on the rate of 8 or 9 hours depending how fast the other bikers are and on the grade of the road. I really don't know what to expect though.. maybe I am over-guesstimating.. and if we get the snow the forecast is calling for, we might not be able to do it at all. I hope we can though.. I hear the views are amazing!! This will be a good experience to figure out if I want to get more into the endurance riding/racing too. Give me that mountain air!!
If we go and make it the whole way, this will be my greatest mileage in 48 hours. ;) Stay posted..

No comments: