Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rocky the Rockhopper Goes FATBIKE!

High today: -11 F
Low today: -14 F

About a month ago I snatched a pair of original Snowcats by a tick of luck.. and by luck, I mean within 5 mins of the guy sending out an email about them before about 20 more people contacted him about them by the next morning. If you were one of those people...sorry, but know that they will be very much loved. :-)Rocky the Rockhopper was in the shop waiting for some big fat 2.8" tires. I am like a 5 year old on Christmas morning with these new tires. Unfortunately the 2.8" only fits on the fork of the bike. The back of the frame could not fit a downhill tire.. but still has a 2.4" on the Snowcat rim, which will hopefully be sufficient on the Interior trails. These are no Endomorph tires, but it's the best I can do for now. I think having slightly skinnier tires will actually be good for climbing hills, since the Pugsley was not so great at climbing.. or was it just me? Meh, I'll blame it on the bike for now.Here's a comparision to the regular mtb tires that were on my bike. Quite a difference! I will test him out this weekend. :-) For now I will just stare and drool and think of the possibilities...
Thanks to Kai for being excited about this project, and for MacGyvering a few things to make the tires work!

No comments: