Saturday, June 28, 2008

Chena Hot Springs Bike Classic

High today: 56
Low today: 49

Went on my first "road ride" ever today. Well, I guess second, because the first was "Pedal Pittsburgh" when I was 10 years old or so. But that was a long time ago. Debbie decided to do the CHSBC with me last minute (or maybe she had been planning for awhile but didn't tell me til the night before? :-) ) so I had an extra shove to wake up early in the pouring rain to do this ride. Without her coming over for breakfast, I would have said screw it and curled into a ball in my nice dry bed and stayed there for 4 more hours. The rain was actually refreshing except for the cold feet part, where we just reminded ourselves, "HOT SPRINGS! HOT SPRINGS!" to stay motivated, as the hot springs was the end point of the ride.
(Thanks Debbie for the pics!)
I'm really glad I decided to do this ride, as I was able to make some 20/30-something cycling friends and FINALLY found another female mountain biker in Fairbanks who raced competitively at one point. Finally.. where have you people been?! Why has it taken me so long to find you?? Here I was beginning to believe that younger mountain bikers did not exist in Fairbanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh, those hot springs look nice! miss you!!!!!!