Saturday, August 9, 2008

Santa Claus Half Marathon

High today: 55
Low today: 44

Today I ran my first half marathon. I have been running with Karen and Matthew and went on all the long runs with them so they convinced me to run it. It was actually a lot of fun and we did well. Unfortunately I lost my camera at the race :'(, so I'll be relying on others for pictures for the next few weeks or so. Otherwise, the race was great. Here is a picture of Karen, Matthew, my coworker Mike, and I after the race. We didn't get a pre-race photo because we were running late.The three of us stayed together for the race until the last mile where they broke off but I stayed right behind Karen and smashed her personal record (by 4 minutes!) with her which was the goal. So now I cannot run a half-marathon in anything more than 2:02:40 now. ;) I don't think that is too bad considering I never ran more than 6 miles at a time before July.. and those 6 miles seemed brutal when I did them.

There was a DELICIOUS bbq after the race but we were all FREEZING cold. I saw a ton of people I knew.. some of them I'm not sure where from but this town is getting smaller everyday.
Mmmm cake!

1 comment:

theorbo said...

Alaska doesn't seem too kind to your electronic gadgets! Sorry you lost your camera but way to go with the ½ marathon!