Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow"machining"

HEAT WAVEEEEEEEEE!
High today: 28
Low today: 14
Weather today: SNOWING again!! Yay!!

I always called it snow"mobiling" but apparently the Alaskan term is "snowmachining". In any case, I took my first time on a snowmobile today with the cousins.

First I rode in the back while Jana drove, who was being pretty nice and not flying too much. :-) Then we switched and I drove, which was weird. Weird because the entire time it feels like you're slipping all over the place. I mean, I guess we are driving on snow and ice, but aren't the skis supposed to grip the snow a little bit? Maybe not, haha. Anyway, it was a ton of fun. Jim and Carla stayed in the car while Jana and I went cruising for a little bit. On the wider part I got brave and cranked it up to 45 mph.. then immediately slowed down. It was fun! I still prefer not having an engine, but I definitely look forward to snowmachining out to the White Mtns possibly. The only thing I didn't like was the grossness of the gasoline smell. Otherwise, it's a nice way to get out into the woods in town, although the entire time I was eyeing up trails I could ride my bike on. Wonder if that would be advisible with snowmobilers out? I bet if I put enough blinking lights on myself then it would work. :-)

No comments: