Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why Did The Moose Cross The Road?

High today: -12
Low today: -43

The moose didn't actually cross the road, thank goodness. But I saw one which was very exciting. She was mighty large and was wandering through my neighbors' yard as I was driving by. I proceeded to the animal shelter to see some pups with the cousins, just for fun. What a bad idea. I wanted to take them all home!!! This was a very energetic little pooch that I bet would be fun to go riding with.. too bad dogs are so much responsibility though!! A little kitty wanted to come home with me too but Jim told me no kitties in the house. I don't want to be homeless any sooner than I have to be. :-)

I swear though, you walk in there and there are 20 needy eyes staring at you knowing that you're a sucker and want to take them all home. Ahhh...

4 comments:

joemal1 said...

All I can say is "WOOF" or "MEOW".

I do like Jim's rule though. Maybe you can catch a moose and train it.

Dad.

Paul is a Hermit said...

You should have both!

In time. They'll be waiting for you. The thing is, cats know where to go to the bathroom, dogs just know it's, outside somewhere.

AP said...

What neat looking puppy!

Don't worry, soon enough you'll have your Wrangler and your doggie companion.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paul!

Kitties pretty much take care of themselves (especially if you get two at once - like my fuzzy ones). And they're really funny. But you can't take them with you on adventures like you can a dog.

Puppies are more destructive, expensive, and time consuming but they are really the best friends you could ever have.

I can't wait until you get your own place so I can meet your future pets!