Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Enjoying the fresh snow

High today: 30
Low today: 6

On Sunday night, we got our first measurable snowfall in a long time. It was only 0.5 in, but it was still measurable and just enough to get the trails in better shape.Today was a beautiful clear day and I just couldn't let it slide by without hitting the trails at UAF. I took a new-to-me trail, the Ester Connector trail, which was lovely, flat and quiet.
It met up with the Skarland trail which I vaguely remembered someone saying was a rougher trail. But, I was in exploring mode so figured I'd give it a try. I went a good ways over some sticks and icy spots and fun little bumps, but the trail started getting crummy with litter (branches, pine needles, etc) so I turned back around and went back the way I went in. I need to take a few hours and just go all the way around the trails before the snow all melts!!
But then again, once the snow melts, and we give it two weeks or so to dry.. biking season begins again and I can have fun on the rocks - woohoo!

The aurora is supposed to be active the next few days, it's crystal clear out right now (but not dark yet), someone showed me how to change the shutter speed on my camera, and I have access to a tripod now so stay posted for some possible aurora shots!

No comments: