Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pedal, Pedal, Pedal!

High today: 38
Low today: 9

Today was another warm February day in Fairbanks. It's almost depressing that the snow is melting away a little bit. My plans to explore new trails with someone was canceled, so I went out and explored the neighborhood a bit more.
There are a lot of quiet streets, which apparently all lead to the same road.. I intercepted the road a total of three times, and immediately turned back around to try other routes. It would have been nice to have my GPS tonight to see how far I rode.. but unfortunately it is hanging out up on Chandalar Shelf somewhere.. maybe in a bear's stomach. :-)
It was a really nice night - I was actually overheating in what I was wearing. It was way too warm to have the poagies on the bike. But, it was SO nice being comfortable the entire ride and not having to worry about fingers or toes freezing and falling off.. and having water not turn into a solid block of ice!!
I found a couple of spots that had good views of town, and a spot that would be particularly nice to stop at when the aurora is really active.
"I'm at the top of the world!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose that the glowing object in the sky is the moon, considering the time of day and the time of year...Dad.

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo of you in your green jacket. I printed a copy for mom's albums.