Friday, February 22, 2008

THON ON PENN STATE!

"I think I can I think I can I think I see THON, it looks GLORIOUS!" - THON '04 line dance

Every year, Penn State raises money for the Four Diamonds Fund - an organization that provides support and medical bill support for families of kids with cancer, as well as supports funding for medical research at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center. At the end of the money collecting, we hold a 48 hour (now 46 hours) no sitting, no sleeping dance marathon. Dancers from different organizations get to dance in this event, while the Four Diamonds families attend and get a weekend away from their daily worries and struggles having a child with cancer. It is fantastic having the kids there and letting them just be kids and not having doctors appts to go to or tests to go for. THON is mostly important I think though, that the parents and families of the kids with cancer know that they have such a large support group and know that the battle for cancer hasn't been lost and there are many people out there fighting and hoping for a cure.

Check out this promo video from last year.
Here's to you, THON '08 families and dancers.
"We will win this cancer fight. We are Penn State, always believing!" Go get 'em, kids.

No comments: